As a school, we will:
- Ensure that the curriculum is delivered in way which provides appropriate challenge and support and allows every child to learn. We aim to inspire and enthuse children with a love of learning
- Provide a safe and secure environment in which children can thrive academically, socially and emotionally and are protected from harm
- Value every child as a member of the school community and help prepare them for their next step
- Communicate with parents about what your children are learning and how to help them at home; your child’s progress and any concerns about their behaviour, work or attendance
- Communicate with parents when requested, by email, phone or face to face – we always aim to work together to support the child
- Listen and respond to concerns and feedback and try to resolve any problems quickly
As Parents or Carers, we will:
- Keep the school up to date with contact information and ensure the school is provided with at least two contacts in case of emergencies
- Let the school know of any change in circumstances or issues at home that may affect the child’s learning, enjoyment or well being
- Ensure our children come to school every day on time unless there is a good and authorised reason for absence
- Notify the school of any absence and provide reasons and evidence (e.g. appointment card)
- Collect our children on time
- Support our children’s learning at home and attend meetings for parents as required
- Provide our children with either a school lunch or healthy lunchbox and a healthy morning snack if required, in line with the school’s healthy eating policy
- Comply with all school health and safety and safeguarding procedures, including not sending nuts into school; not smoking, using mobile phones on school premises/grounds or bringing dogs on site etc.
- Comply with data protection and safeguarding policies, including in the use of internet and social media and the taking and sharing of photographs with any link or reference to the school, its staff or its pupils.
- Behave and communicate in a respectful and appropriate manner with school staff and the wider school community, on site, on the phone, in writing and on social media
- support the school’s policies on behaviour, equalities and bullying
- ensure our children come to school in the specified uniform and PE kit and name all items
- do our best to ensure children come to school physically and emotionally ready to learn
As a pupil, I will:
- Give my best and try to develop all the qualities we aim for in Headley Park Citizens
- Be ready to do my work
- Take responsibility for my work, my actions and my possessions
- Try to grow my mind by challenging myself, learning from my mistakes using my creativity and imagination and persevering
- Be patient with myself and kind and caring towards others
- Use empathy and try to see things from other people’s point of view
- Work well in a team
- I will treat others with respect and listen to different points of view
- Look after and use school equipment and resources properly and carefully
As parents/ carers, we give our permission for:
- Our child to go on local trips within a 10 mile radius of the school. This will usually be on foot but may be by minibus.
- Our child’s photograph to be taken for school purposes (evidence of learning and celebrations)?
- Our child’s photograph to be used on the website and twitter (children will not be named)?
- Our child to appear in school films either for in-school learning or promotional purposes? (these will usually be children’s films of each other as part of their lessons)
This agreement is valid for the time the child attends school. It is parents’ responsibility to let the school know if they withdraw consent for any of the above.
As parents, we agree that if we take photographs or video recordings of our children which include other pupils (e.g. at school productions or sports day etc.) that we will use these for family use only. We will not post any photos or videos of other people’s children on social media or any public platform without the parents’ consent.
As a school, we will not use the personal details or full names of children with any published photograph or video.
Teachers will discuss this agreement with the children at the start of every year.
You will receive a home-school agreement by email every year.
If you agree with all of the agreement, you can give your consent with one click – see below
If there are some elements of the permissions you do not wish to give your consent for, you can complete a short survey to answer the questions individually. A link to the electronic survey will have been emailed with the agreement and is available here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HPPShomeschool