Headley Park Passport
School trips enhance pupils' learning across the curriculum by providing first hand experiences of things they have learnt about in the classroom. Every year children will go on at least one trip as part of one area of study. Details of school trips can be found below.
Full table of trips coming soon...
Forest School is a child-centred inspirational learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth through regular sessions. It is a long-term program that supports play, exploration and supported risk taking. It develops confidence and self-esteem through learner inspired, hands-on experiences in a natural setting. Children in the Early Years at Headley Park receive one forest school session a week with trained members of the Headley Park team.
Children in Year 4 and Year 6 go on a residential trip each year. Year 4 visit Mendip Activity Centre and Year 6 visit Grange Hall in Devon.
SMSC – (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development)
At Headley Park, we develop SMSC through our teaching of RE, PSHE and our school habits (Ambition, Responsibility, Respect, Safety). Every child is encouraged to join in discussions, offer their opinions and listen to the viewpoint of others.
- Spiritual – Explore beliefs and experience; respect faiths, feelings and values; enjoy learning about oneself, others and the surrounding world; use imagination and creativity; reflect
- Moral – Recognise right and wrong; respect the law; understand consequences; investigate moral and ethical issues; offer reasoned views.
- Social – Use a range of social skills; participate in the local community; appreciate diverse viewpoints; participate, volunteer and cooperate; resolve conflict: engage with the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, liberty, respect and tolerance.
- Cultural – Appreciate cultural influences; appreciate the role of Britain’s Parliamentary system; participate in culture opportunities; understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity.
Through assemblies at Headley Park we aim to:
- Embed the HPPS Habits
- Ensure children can articulate the habits
- Share stories linked to the habits
- Promote an understanding of the importance of equity and equality
- Provide experiences for children
- Embed high quality oracy opportunities
Our weekly assemblies include:
- 1x phase assembly (led by a senior leader)
Each week a theme is introduced that links to the Headley Park habits.
- 1x singing assembly
This is a chance for children to come together and enjoy making music!
- 2x class assemblies (teacher led)
These assemblies provide an opportunity for teachers to continue themes identified in the class PSHE lesson during the week or follow up on the messages shared in the phase assembly and provide more reflection time for pupils.
- 1x Praise assembly (pre-recorded or live virtually, Friday afternoon)
This is a chance to celebrate all the amazing achievements of pupils across the school and to hand out the We are Headley Park awards, which recognise a child that week who has demonstrated the Headley Park Habits particularly well.